Pathway to Self-Sufficiency
Be a part of our Pathway to Self-Sufficiency
The Pathway to Self-Sufficiency is a garden and walkway within Van Saun Park created in partnership between Center for Hope and Safety and the County of Bergen, Department of Parks.
The Pathway honors the journey that survivors of domestic violence make on their way to self-sufficiency and memorializes those unable to complete it because they did not survive.
To help Center for Hope and Safety continue its mission of assisting victims and survivors of domestic violence and their children, our friends have an opportunity to buy an engraved brick that will be placed in the Pathway. This brick can have a special message engraved in honor or memory of a loved one or in celebration of a birthday, anniversary, or other special occasion.
- Peace- Remembering all affected by domestic violence
- In honor of our beautiful children, XXXX and XXXX
- In loving memory of my parents, XXXX and XXXX
- The Women’s Club of Anywhere USA
- XXXXX and XXXXX Smith, July 15, 1974
- Happy 50th Birthday XXXX
- I love you mom!
- BUSINESS NAME supports the Center for Hope and Safety
We also offer a limited number of trees that can be planted near the Pathway.